~~Laurens County Magistrate
The Laurens County Summary Court Judges (Magistrate) have countywide jurisdiction and are committed to assisting the citizens of Laurens County. The two (2) full time and two (2) part-time Magistrate’s perform the following:
• Issue criminal arrest and search warrants
• Conducts bond hearings two (2) times daily
• Conducts criminal hearing to include criminal, traffic, as well as preliminary hearings.
• Conducts civil hearings including landlord/tenant hearings, summons and complaint cases, claim and delivery cases, and public sales of abandoned vehicles.
• Conducts jury trials for all Magistrate levels cases
• A Magistrate may impose a fine with court assessments of up to $5,242.50 and/or a penalty of up to a one hundred eighty (180) day sentence. The civil jurisdiction is $7,500.00
Magistrate’s Court Online Payments
For your convenience, for traffic tickets you may pay online the full amount of the citation via credit card online by clicking on the link below:
sccourts.org - click on General Public tab - online payments & follow the steps
Traffic tickets may be paid with money orders, cash or certified checks, made payable to the court. No personal checks will be accepted.
Traffic Court - Main Court House - Monday – Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Traffic Court - Gray Court Town Hall - Monday – Wednesday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Thursday 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. - Closed on Fridays
Laurens County Traffic Court
PO Box 925
Laurens, SC 29360